First Citizens' Charitable Foundation aspires to strengthen the communities we serve by investing in organizations and initiatives that contribute to the economic and social well-being of the people in these communities.
The purpose of the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is to promote economic advancement in communities where First Citizens’ members and employees live and work. Our hope is to support and improve our communities by establishing a relationship with local organizations and providing financial support.
Areas of Giving:
- Programs that support education, youth and elderly programs/community development.
- Health and Human services including community based health care, family planning and substance abuse.
- Culture including arts, community and civic issues, and education.
- Programs and projects that provide for basic needs (food, shelter and clothing) and are focused on providing or improving the availability of services that meet the basic needs.
- Causes important to our employees that fit within the above framework.
- Individuals or families
- Religious organizations, unless the program supports and is open to the community
- Political activities or candidates for political office
- Government activities
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, identity, religion, race, age, ethnicity, marital status, or sexual orientation
- Paid solicitors
How to submit a request:
- Include a copy of 501(c)3 Non-Profit Status.
- Include cover letter on organizational letterhead, providing all relevant information and mission statement. All other necessary collateral or documentation relevant to request.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org