First Citizens' Charitable Foundation aspires to strengthen the communities we serve by investing in organizations and initiatives that contribute to the economic and social well-being of the people in these communities.
The purpose of the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is to promote economic advancement in communities where First Citizens’ members and team members live and work. Our hope is to support and improve our communities by establishing a relationship with local organizations and providing financial support.
Areas of Giving:
- Programs that support education, youth and elderly programs/community development.
- Health and Human services including community based health care, family planning and substance abuse.
- Culture including arts, community and civic issues, and education.
- Programs and projects that provide for basic needs (food, shelter and clothing) and are focused on providing or improving the availability of services that meet the basic needs.
- Causes important to our team members that fit within the above framework.
- Religious organizations, unless the program supports and is open to the community
- Political activities or candidates for political office
- Government activities
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, identity, religion, race, age, ethnicity, marital status, sexual orientation or ability/disability
- Paid solicitors
- Operational costs such as staffing and building overhead
- Fundraising dinners or events and tickets to fundraising events
- Individual sports teams including youth sports teams and leagues
- Beauty pageants, travel, including conferences, seminars, tours and student trips
Eligibility for Donations:
- A registered 501c3 organization who demonstrates significant local impact.
- An organization whose mission or services align with First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation’s areas of giving.
Organizations must be within the Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket and Norfolk counties in the state of Massachusetts.
- Organizations are eligible to receive funding from the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation only once per calendar year.
Contribution Awards will range between $1,000-$5,000 in effort to support as many organizations throughout our footprint as possible. For larger donation requests, please email Community@FirstCitizens.org to schedule time to discuss your organizations' mission, needs and opportunities.
- Application Open Period #1 is from January 1, 2023 to February 28, 2023. Notification in April. (Closed)
- Application Open Period #2 is from May 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023. Notification in August. (Closed)
- Application Open Period #3 is from September 1, 2023 to October 31, 2023. Notification in December. (Closed)
If you have an immediate need that does not follow our application periods, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities for support.
Submitting a Request:
- Include a copy of 501(c)3 Non-Profit Status.
- Include cover letter on organizational letterhead, providing all relevant information and mission statement. All other necessary collateral or documentation relevant to request. Please include amount requested, if you need volunteers and as much detail as possible.
- Email all documentation and request to email@example.com.
To request First Citizens' to sponsor an event or program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Investment Grants
Are you starting a business? Want to advance a skill or learn a new one? Maybe looking to change careers but need the funds to take that leap? We want to invest in your future! Simply tell us what you are looking to achieve, and we may be able to help get you there. The First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is looking to award up to a total of $3,000 in grants each application period! Learn more