What is an Overdraft?
What is Available Balance?
Available Balance changes throughout the day as you make transactions. Deposits may increase your Available Balance, withdrawals and purchases may reduce your Available Balance.
- Written checks that haven’t been cashed
- Bill payments that are scheduled and haven’t been posted
- Pending pre-authorized debits such as utilities or subscriptions via an ACH transaction
- Deposits that have yet to be made available (according to our funds availability)
What Types of Overdraft Services Does First Citizens' Provide?
How do I enroll in an Overdraft Service?
Tips to avoid Overdraft fees
- Monitor accounts regularly by enrolling in Online and mobile Banking. Be sure to monitor debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, written checks and any automatic bill payments you’ve set up.
- Enroll in account alerts through your Mobile Banking App and sign up for account alerts. Our Mobile Banking App allows you to set up alerts including low-balance alerts that allow you to receive notifications or emails when you hit a predetermined low-balance threshold.