What is an Overdraft?
An overdraft occurs when you don't have enough money available in your Available Balance to cover a transaction. Signing up for an Overdraft Service means if you don't have enough money available in your Available Balance, First Citizens' will strive to pay the transaction anyway.
What is Available Balance?
The portion of your Account Balance which is available for you to spend at any given time.
Available Balance changes throughout the day as you make transactions. Deposits may increase your Available Balance, withdrawals and purchases may reduce your Available Balance.
Note: Available Balance does not reflect:
- Written checks that haven’t been cashed
- Bill payments that are scheduled and haven’t been posted
- Pending pre-authorized debits such as utilities or subscriptions via an ACH transaction
- Deposits that have yet to be made available (according to our funds availability)
What Types of Overdraft Services Does First Citizens' Provide?
Overdraft Line of Credit
We can help you avoid the cost and embarrassment of bounced checks with an Overdraft Line of Credit to connect to your personal checking account. A line of credit is available to checking members to cover certain overdraft checks and debits. An Overdraft Line of Credit does require the member to complete an application and receive approval; overall limit is based on creditworthiness.
Account Overdraft Transfers
With Account Overdraft Transfers, you can avoid the normal overdraft fee by linking an eligible savings account to an eligible checking account at First Citizens’. The accounts must have the same ownership titles and an Overdraft transfer Fee will be charged for each transfer.
Discretionary Overdraft Service- Honor First
Honor First is a discretionary service offered to help cover transactions that could lead to insufficient funds. Should a transaction occur that overdraws a member's checking account, the Credit Union will strive to pay the overdrawing item and charge the normal overdraft fee. This service can include checks, ACH, recurring debit card transactions and if desired, everyday debit & ATM transactions. Although an overdraft fee will be charged, this service avoids having an item returned unpaid and avoid any potential fee the merchant may charge in conjunction with a returned item.
How do I enroll in an Overdraft Service?
Call our Contact Center at 1-800-642-7515, visit one of our 12 branches or sign up for Honor First via online banking today!
Tips to avoid Overdraft fees
- Monitor accounts regularly by enrolling in Online and mobile Banking. Be sure to monitor debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, written checks and any automatic bill payments you’ve set up.
- Enroll in account alerts through your Mobile Banking App and sign up for account alerts. Our Mobile Banking App allows you to set up alerts including low-balance alerts that allow you to receive notifications or emails when you hit a predetermined low-balance threshold.